What is Conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the legal process of transferring ownership of a property from one party to another. It encompasses all legal-administrative work undertaken to enable your house sale or purchase to be legally valid.
Key Stages of Conveyancing
Sale of your property – Your conveyancer will gather relevant details about your property and what you intend to include with the sale to enable a draft contract can be drawn up.
Purchase of your property - Your conveyancer can also carry out all of the legal work involved in the purchase of your property, including arranging necessary searches of the Local Authority, Water Authority and Environmental Agency. On receipt of a mortgage offer, your conveyancer will explain the terms and conditions, and the Contract documentation and Mortgage Deed will then be sent for your approval and signature.
Exchange of contracts - Exchange of contracts takes place between the two parties’ conveyancers. Following exchange, your signed contact is forwarded to the other party’s solicitor/conveyancer and they in turn will send their party’s signed contract to your conveyancer. At this stage, you and your seller/buyer will be legally committed to the transaction.
Completion of your move – On the day of legal completion, your conveyancing solicitor will: Arrange legal paperwork, discharge your mortgage and/or draw-down funds for your new mortgage, pay your fees as per the Terms of Agency Agreement you have signed as well Stamp Duty and arrange the legal documentation to be signed for the transfer of the property at HM Land Registry and register your ownership.
Why use Waterfords’ Conveyancing Service?
- No Move, No Legal Fee - You don’t pay a penny if the sale falls through
- Fixed Legal Fee - The cost will not increase during the transaction, helping you to budget
- Experienced Conveyancers - We use a panel of reputable solicitors (regulated by either the Solicitors Regulation Authority or the Council for Licensed Conveyancers) who are committed to delivering excellent customer service.
- Minimise Delays - Once instructed, our conveyancers will be working on your case as a priority to ensure your file is completed on time.
- Track Online - Navigator guides you through the legal side of your move with real-time updates and email reminders. You can save time by completing your legal forms securely online, and if you should need help, there is a dedicated team of experts available 7 days a week.
- Legally Prepared - As part of our service, we give you a head start by having all the necessary legal documents in place before you agree a sale or make an offer. Being legally prepared removes any unwanted delays and puts you one step ahead of the competition.