- Instructed your solicitor
- Paid your solicitor the local search fee?
- Applied for your mortgage and therefore paid the valuation or survey fee to your bank or building society?
- Are you having a full structural survey? If yes, This can be arranged through Waterfords' Survey Department.
- Organised life assurance to cover your mortgage? If yes, have you filled in the relevant forms?
Before you can exchange contracts you will need...
- Your mortgage offer.
- Your deposit monies to be with your solicitor in the form of 'cleared funds' (bankers draft, building society cheque etc.)
- To have signed your contract and agreed the fixtures and fittings list provided by the vendor.
- Your survey report.
- Your solicitor to have had a satisfactory local search , replies to enquiries, documentation relating to property you are buying.
- To have agreed a date for completion with your vendor and if you are involved in a chain all parties must agree the same date for moving. This must be agreed before your solicitor can exchange contracts and is not normally arranged for a weekend, bank holiday or other public holiday.